Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Bad And Good Me

I know that I am turning into a bad blogger. I've come to the realization that I have less time now overall, but cummon, when I can pump out finished objects faster than I can blog?! Uck, owell.

This last week has been totally crazy. My aunt and cousin are leaving for Italy for the year and we've been having parties, dinners, etc with family and friends before they leave. We are going to miss them so much.. but hey, its a great excuse to go visit, right?! As a going away present for my aunt, I frantically finished up the last 60 or so rows on the Creatures of the Reef Shawl. And the results?! Well, it came out amazing and she loves it! My only problem was that I forgot to take pictures of it before I gave it to her. We took a few the next morning at their house which you can see below!





Some pictures of my Aunt modeling the shawl..




Pattern: Creatures of the Reef Shawl from Fiddlesticks Knitting
Yarn: Jaggerspun Zephyr Wool-Silk in Blueberry
Measurements: I blocked it to 72" tip to tip and 36" long
Started: June 23, 2006
Finished: August 24, 2006
Other Details: This was one of my favorite projects to knit! Almost every row was different so it kept me modivated. I think I'll be ordering another shawl project from Fiddlesticks Knitting soon!

12 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Beautiful! What a great color!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Beth S. said...

It's gorgeous! I've had the pattern for ages, but keep changing my mind about what color it should be, so it never quite gets started. ;-)

I love garter lace... so springy and stretchy and easy to block. ;-)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger spajonas said...

what a cool shawl! i love all the different motifs :) so cute! this is definitely going into my to-knit list.

 
At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an amazing shawl -- it really tells a story. And nothing mindless about it. You will "travel" with your aunt, who must be quite impressed (unless she's used to your knitting incredible gifts; nah, still impressed).

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That's really lovely!

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, that doesn't even look hand-made. I want my knits to not look hand-made!

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. nothing else to say but wow.

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely shawl. the color is really stunning, well done!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful!

I have the pattern, have yarn, have intended recipient (my mom, who goes to the Cape every summer for vacation), just need courage.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i have always loved that shawl! it is BEAUTIFUL dani!

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger gabriella said...

wow, dani - so cool! i can't believe you finished that thing with the "k 11 tog tbl" instructions or whatever it was... you're going to have to teach me some of that lace patience karma. :) -gabriella

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger Seasidecrafter said...

Stunning shawl! Love your hand dyed yarn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home