Sunday, May 08, 2005

Take Two

I have two FO's today for show and tell! Of course, I was in a frantic state the past week trying to finish Mother's Day presents for not only my mother, but my incredible Aunt here in Boston. These two projects below (it was super windy outside... for future reference, don't take pictures of an Airy Scarf outside on a windy day) are for my Aunt. The first is the Kerchief Scarf that I actually finished before my trip to Oregon, but didn't have time to post about. I used Tahki Yarns Cotton Classic Colors in #101 and a pattern from Last Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. The final measurements are 19.25 by 9.5 inches. I really love the neutral colors because I think it can be worn with almost any outfit. The second picture is, yes another, Airy Scarf made with Rowan Kidsilk Haze in the color Meadow. This pattern is also from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (they really are last minute I might add). I really think this one came out so much better than my first one. I used 10.5 needles instead of 10 and tried to knit it really loose. It made a huge difference and the eyelet pattern is much more obvious. The final dimensions of this one is (a bit long) at 39 by 5.5 inches.

Now it is on to other projects! I am happy to report that I will not be stricken with the second sock syndrome any longer! I am just about at the heel of sock #2 and I think I can finish that in the next week or so. The big, bad, baby blanket is still stuck in its path, but I will conquer! As you can see from my "Next in Line" section on the side bar, the list has grown significantly! Hmm... what should I do next?


The finished Kerchief Scarf


Airy Scarf #2 is finished for my Aunt in Meadow

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home